Regular price $71.98
Dark purple with generous aromas of dark fruits, blueberry, sweet chocolate, vanilla with a slight floral quality. Â Â It leads to plush flavors of plum, black cherry, vanilla, blueberry and cassis with bright acidity.Â Â Itâ€™s a silky, rich wine with a nice balance and a long textured, structured finish.
Cabernet Franc is a black-skinned French wine grape variety grown throughout the world. The variety is most famously known as the third grape of Bordeaux and can be found in many of the world's top Bordeaux blend wines.
Cabernet Franc is commonly compared to Cabernet Sauvignon, which is not without justification. Along with Sauvignon Blanc, the former is a parent of the latter. (Recent DNA profiling has also shown that Cabernet Franc is also one of Merlot's parents).
Just down the street, Byington Vineyard and Winery sits on 95 mountainous acres surrounded by redwood forests with a view to the Monterey Bay. Byington produces award-winning Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay wines and other exciting varietals that highlight the diversity of Northern California.
The winery is focused on growing and producing premium wines, farmed sustainably using biodynamic growing methods. The wines are handcrafted with focus on natural fermentation methods from handpicked grapes.Â Â While the Byington Estate is located locally in the Santa Cruz Mountains,Â they also produce Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, and Petit Verdot from the Tin Cross Vineyard in Alexander Valley.Â
Byingtonâ€™s history dates back to before 1987 with the release of its first vintage. In 2013, Los Altos Vineyards purchased Byington, investing significantly in the vineyard, wine production, and facilities and grounds to provide an optimal wine experience for wine club members and guests. New facilities include solar power production, the Cave Patio, Block 4 Outlook, and hiking trail.
- Unless your delivery address is on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. It doesn’t make sense to invest in fine wines and then take the chance of ruining them due environmental factors during transit (faster and safer delivery generally isn’t much more expensive). We don’t make an additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
- You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that an adult will have to be present at the time of delivery. Please consider shipping to an office address.
- During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers’ warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn’t go out the day that you place an order.
- We ship by Fedex or Fedex Ground. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
- Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
- Various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. does not, as a condition of sale, assume any obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining any permits or licenses. Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the possibility of such limitations, and determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages shall be brought into your state from California, so as to comply with all of your state’s requirements.
- Wine shipping rules in the United States are controlled by the state you live in. We do not ship wine to the following states at this time:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
List Updated 2/1/2023
Please inquire about international shipping.
Vintage Wine Merchants
377 Santana Row, Suite 1135
San Jose, CA 95128