Regular price $21.98
La Gloire de Mon Pere is a blend of 53% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon and 12% Cabernet Franc and spends 12 months in oak and 6 months in bottle before release.
Dark ruby-red in the glass. Scents of blackberries and violets with a touch of vanilla on the nose. Very smooth and creamy on the palate. Concentrated flavours of black fruits and cherries and a hint of smoke. Really nice long finish. A very elegant and lush wine. Serve with a chargrilled steak, duck liver pate or roast duck with cherries.
The 52-hectare Chateau Tour des Gendres was founded 1925 and is situated at Ribagnac near Bergerac. The estate is run along organic and biodynamic lines (certified 2005) by the 3 rd generation of the Conti family led by head winemaker, Luc de Conti. The hallmarks of the estate's wines are balance, power and freshness from vines grown on a mixture of limestone and clay soils. No additional sulphites are used and the wines are unfiltered.
Côtes de Bergerac is an appellation for red and white wine produced in the historic Bergerac region of southwest France. The vineyard zone of the appellation covers 90 communes that center on the town of Bergerac, 80 kilometres from the city of Bordeaux and its wines are made from predominantly the same blend makeup as those of Bordeaux reds and whites. Red wines wines may contain Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Côt (Malbec) with the only stipulation that a red Côtes de Bergerac must be a blend of at least two of these varieties.
- Unless your delivery address is on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. It doesn’t make sense to invest in fine wines and then take the chance of ruining them due environmental factors during transit (faster and safer delivery generally isn’t much more expensive). We don’t make an additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
- You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that an adult will have to be present at the time of delivery. Please consider shipping to an office address.
- During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers’ warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn’t go out the day that you place an order.
- We ship by Fedex or Fedex Ground. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
- Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
- Various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. does not, as a condition of sale, assume any obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining any permits or licenses. Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the possibility of such limitations, and determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages shall be brought into your state from California, so as to comply with all of your state’s requirements.
- Wine shipping rules in the United States are controlled by the state you live in. We do not ship wine to the following states at this time:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
List Updated 2/1/2023
Please inquire about international shipping.
Vintage Wine Merchants
377 Santana Row, Suite 1135
San Jose, CA 95128