Regular price $79.98
Introducing RoadStock Rye: The worldâ€™s first ever finished-on-the-road whiskey. Once again we have broken down the boundaries of whatâ€™s possible in the whiskey world. WhistlePigÂ RoadStock Rye was created on the road less traveled and is the first ever All-American barrel double finished rye. In collaboration with Jordan Winery and Firestone Walker Brewery, the epic journey of RoadStock began earlier this year at our 500-acre farm in Shoreham, VT, where we commissioned an 18-wheeler â€˜Rolling Rickhouseâ€™, which would make its way from Vermont to California and back on an epic 6,000-mile journey.Â
Upon completion of the RoadStock Rolling Rickhouse, half of the future RoadStock whiskey was transferred into Bordeaux blend casks from Jordan Winery that would make the full 6000-mile round trip journey providing ample time for the whiskey to steal the nuanced complexity from these incredible casks. The other half of the whiskey would remain in their virgin oak original barrels until we made it to California.Â
After weaving along the historic Route 66, the RoadStock Rolling Rick House headed north to Firestone Walker Brewing Company in Paso Robles, CA. where the balance of the whiskey was transferred into Firestoneâ€™sÂ Imperial Stout, Imperial Blonde Ale and Experimental Ale barrels to finish on the long journey back to Vermont.
When we returned to the farm we knew we had something truly exceptional on our hands. So we blended and bottled WhistlePig Roadstock Rye and even created a rubber tire topper to commemorate the journey. This 86-proof, hand-crafted stunner sings with a symphony of raspberry jam, brown sugar, and toasted cedar. Buckle up, because itâ€™s about to take your tastebuds on an unforgettable ride.
- Unless your delivery address is on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. It doesn’t make sense to invest in fine wines and then take the chance of ruining them due environmental factors during transit (faster and safer delivery generally isn’t much more expensive). We don’t make an additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
- You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that an adult will have to be present at the time of delivery. Please consider shipping to an office address.
- During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers’ warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn’t go out the day that you place an order.
- We ship by Fedex or Fedex Ground. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
- Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
- Various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. does not, as a condition of sale, assume any obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining any permits or licenses. Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the possibility of such limitations, and determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages shall be brought into your state from California, so as to comply with all of your state’s requirements.
- Wine shipping rules in the United States are controlled by the state you live in. We do not ship wine to the following states at this time:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
List Updated 2/1/2023
Please inquire about international shipping.
Vintage Wine Merchants
377 Santana Row, Suite 1135
San Jose, CA 95128