Regular price $44.98
100% Chardonnay, with some grown in Pierry, and around 90% from grand cru vineyards in Chouilly, Oiry and Cramant. The wine is a blend of 2 vintages and spends 6 years on its lees. 7 grams dosage. Bright notes of citrus fruit with underlying complexity of crème brûlée.
Reulle-Pertois is located in Moussy (pronounced Moose-E), a charming village that straddles the Vallée de la Marne and the Côte des Blancs. Both Michel Ruelle and his wife Martine Pertois had parents that produced champagne. When they married in the early 1970’s, they formed their own house and set up camp in the village. When they officially retired, their son Benoit and daughter Virginie took the reins of the domaine.
The family owns 6 hectares of vines from which they make just under 4,000 cases. About a hectare of Pinot Meunier is in Moussy, while a hectare of Pinot Noir is in neighboring premier cru village Pierry. The family’s Chardonnay is planted in the grand cru villages of Oiry, Chouilly and Cramant. With such large percentages of grand cru-classified grapes, these champagnes represent some of the greatest values in a portfolio full of values.
- Unless your delivery address is on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. It doesn’t make sense to invest in fine wines and then take the chance of ruining them due environmental factors during transit (faster and safer delivery generally isn’t much more expensive). We don’t make an additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
- You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that an adult will have to be present at the time of delivery. Please consider shipping to an office address.
- During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers’ warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn’t go out the day that you place an order.
- We ship by Fedex or Fedex Ground. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
- Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
- Various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. does not, as a condition of sale, assume any obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining any permits or licenses. Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the possibility of such limitations, and determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages shall be brought into your state from California, so as to comply with all of your state’s requirements.
- Wine shipping rules in the United States are controlled by the state you live in. We do not ship wine to the following states at this time:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
List Updated 2/1/2023
Please inquire about international shipping.
Vintage Wine Merchants
377 Santana Row, Suite 1135
San Jose, CA 95128