Regular price $59.98
93 Wine Advocate - An extra year of bottle age goes a long way to flesh out and open this impressive Fiano. With fruit from a high elevation growing site in Lapio at 570 meters above sea level on calcareous clay soils, the 2020 vintage was actually cooler than 2021 in this part of the world. That means that the Quintodecimo 2020 Fiano di Avellino Exultet greatly benefits from extra bottle age in order for it to show the brilliant orchard fruit, peach and poached pear aromas delivered here. There is a spot of spicy acidity that is neatly stitched into the wine's lovely creamy texture.
Exultet is a sophisticated and elegant interpretation of Fiano di Avellino. It is a cru produced exclusively with the grapes of one Fiano vineyard. It is yellow and luminous with green reflections and fragrances of linden, acacia and thyme. It is well structured with flavors of exotic fruit, citrus and honey and a very soft mineral note. This particular elegance also derives from a partial fermentation in small oak barrels. It is a wine with great longevity which can also age for some decades thanks to its richness in precursors of aroma and the integrity of its freshness and taste.
The name given to the wine derives from Exultet of Mirabella Eclano in which we can also find a tribute to bees. Exultet are liturgical parchments from the southern italian middle ages. A kind of multimedial ante litteram product made up by parchment papers sewed together, where the texts of Benedictio Cerei were written accompanied by musical notations and miniatures put on the opposite side of the sheets.
- Unless your delivery address is on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. It doesn’t make sense to invest in fine wines and then take the chance of ruining them due environmental factors during transit (faster and safer delivery generally isn’t much more expensive). We don’t make an additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
- You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that an adult will have to be present at the time of delivery. Please consider shipping to an office address.
- During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers’ warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn’t go out the day that you place an order.
- We ship by Fedex or Fedex Ground. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
- Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
- Various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. does not, as a condition of sale, assume any obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining any permits or licenses. Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the possibility of such limitations, and determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages shall be brought into your state from California, so as to comply with all of your state’s requirements.
- Wine shipping rules in the United States are controlled by the state you live in. We do not ship wine to the following states at this time:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
List Updated 2/1/2023
Please inquire about international shipping.
Vintage Wine Merchants
377 Santana Row, Suite 1135
San Jose, CA 95128