Regular price $25.98
This Cuvée is a focused blend that is inspired by the wines of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. This wine is very complex because of the nature of the blend. The deep ruby color is backed up by essence of blueberry, black cherry, lavender, with cracked pepper and earthy notes. It has a medium body and supportive tannins that lead to a long lingering finish. 51% Syrah, 41% Grenache, 4% Petite Sirah, 3% Zinfandel.
Much of the fruit for this Cuvee comes from Tollini Vineyard, which is owned and farmed by third generation farmer Alvin Tollini. The vineyard is located in Redwood Valley AVA of Mendocino, and is 100% dry-farmed. The Syrah grapes come from a vineyard that is located in the cool-climate Sonoma Coast appellation, which provides a richness on the palate and a distinctive white pepper character that the varietal (at its best) is known for.
Kokomo Winery is perched on the East side of Dry Creek Valley amidst the 120 acres of prime benchland vineyards of Timber Crest Farms. Owner and Winemaker Erik Miller started the winery in 2004 naming it after his hometown of Kokomo, IN, and decided on a Coastal Cypress Tree as a logo to signify his move out west. Kokomo currently produces over a dozen different varietals and several single vineyard designates which are farmed by his partner in the winery, grower Randy Peters. Kokomo Winery focuses their terroir-driven wines on the three distinctive appellations of Sonoma County - Russian River, Dry Creek and Alexander Valleys. This dynamic partnership of a grower and a winemaker ensures the winery’s ongoing commitment to quality and consistency for future vintages.
- Unless your delivery address is on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. It doesn’t make sense to invest in fine wines and then take the chance of ruining them due environmental factors during transit (faster and safer delivery generally isn’t much more expensive). We don’t make an additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
- You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that an adult will have to be present at the time of delivery. Please consider shipping to an office address.
- During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers’ warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn’t go out the day that you place an order.
- We ship by Fedex or Fedex Ground. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
- Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
- Various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. does not, as a condition of sale, assume any obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining any permits or licenses. Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the possibility of such limitations, and determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages shall be brought into your state from California, so as to comply with all of your state’s requirements.
- Wine shipping rules in the United States are controlled by the state you live in. We do not ship wine to the following states at this time:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
List Updated 2/1/2023
Please inquire about international shipping.
Vintage Wine Merchants
377 Santana Row, Suite 1135
San Jose, CA 95128