Elouan is the result of Californian winemaker, Joe Wagner, venturing up to Oregon, one of the world’s renowned Pinot Noir regions, with a goal to produce Pinot Noir with depth of flavor, vibrancy and suppleness. For this wine we brought together fruit from three regions along Oregon’s coast; Umpqua, Willamette and Rogue Valleys, which harmonize beautifully when blended as one. The diversity of these cool climate areas combined with an elongated growing season creates wine with intense structure, while maintaining a vibrant acidity that differentiates it from any California Pinot Noir. This 2014 Elouan Pinot Noir is richer and more full bodied than what is typical of Oregon Pinot Noir, which generally is very lean. Bright ruby red in color. Ripe cranberry, sweet cinnamon and fresh cherry create an inviting bouquet, with a subtle earthiness. The palate shows texture and weight with firm acidity that carries the flavor through. The flavor profile shows red plum, bright cherry, minerality, dusty earth, and a hint of sweet tobacco, creating rustic layers of flavor with soft refined tannins. Food Matching: pork loin, pan-seared salmon, Peking duck or veal with a mushroom sauce.
- Unless your delivery address is on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. It doesn’t make sense to invest in fine wines and then take the chance of ruining them due environmental factors during transit (faster and safer delivery generally isn’t much more expensive). We don’t make an additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
- You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that an adult will have to be present at the time of delivery. Please consider shipping to an office address.
- During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers’ warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn’t go out the day that you place an order.
- We ship by Fedex or Fedex Ground. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
- Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
- Various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. does not, as a condition of sale, assume any obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining any permits or licenses. Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the possibility of such limitations, and determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages shall be brought into your state from California, so as to comply with all of your state’s requirements.
- Wine shipping rules in the United States are controlled by the state you live in. We do not ship wine to the following states at this time:
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
Please inquire about international shipping.
Vintage Wine Merchants
377 Santana Row, Suite 1135
San Jose, CA 95128