Le Reve is inspired by Champagne Taittinger’s Comtes de Champagne, yet it is its own reflection of Carneros terroir. This luxury tête-de-cuvée is crafted from five sustainably grown estate clones of Chardonnay. The wine is made using the traditional method of Champagne and is aged in bottle for five to six years sur lie before release.
About Domaine Carneros:
- A family-owned winery that handcrafts limited-production sparkling wines and still Pinot Noir
- Founded in 1987 by Champagne Taittinger
- Sparkling wines are produced by the Traditional Method used in Champagne, and aged in excess of Champagne requirements for unrivalled quality.
- Since its founding, has pushed the sustainability envelope to ensure the vineyards and land are preserved while conserving natural resources – Fish Friendly Farming, Napa Green Winery, and Napa Green Land Certifications.
- The château winery building is a Carneros landmark—modeled after Taittinger’s Château de la Marquetterie in Champagne.
The Domaine Carneros Estate Vineyard, first planted in 1981, extends up a slope rising to a crest overlooking San Francisco and San Pablo Bay, with an elevation of 120 to 260 feet above sea level. Its superb mesoclimate, characterized by a long, cool growing season tempered by the maritime breezes and persistent fogs of the coast, is the perfect environment for the classic Chardonnay and Pinot Noir varieties of Champagne. The Estate Vineyard primarily contributes to the sparkling wine cuvées.