Regular price $119.98
Cade winery is located in Howell Mountain in Napa Valley. Howell Mountain is a prestigious AVA located in the Vaca mountain range. What makes Howell Mountain such a prestigious area for winemaking? It’s topography! Howell Mountain vineyards sit well above the local fog that hits the valley floor. Grapes grown here benefit from California’s bold sunshine during the day with enough time to cool in the evening. There’s also a variety of soil times within this AVA. The majority of the soil is volcanic iron-rich that produces grapes with an intense flavor profile. Since these vineyards are located on a hillside their grapes have a higher skin-to-grape ratio resulting in small but flavorful grapes.
Cade vineyards were founded in 2007 by now-California Governor Gavin Newsom, American composer Gordon Getty, and John Conover. Cade is in fact a pattern to Plumpjack winery. The three were determined to build a state-of-the-art winery that honored the land and was set apart from Plumpjack and other wineries in the area. The trio founded architect Juan Carlos Fernandez originally from Guadalajara, Mexico to design Napa Valley’s first LEED Gold-certified Estate Winery. The winery was constructed with recycled materials such as recycled steel and recycled plastic. It’s truly a one-of-a-kind winery and you just have to see it to fully appreciate it’s design.
Not only was Cade vineyard a state-of-the-art winery the wine is even more exquisite. The CADE Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon is sourced from five vineyards on Howell Mountain, a blend of 87% Cabernet Sauvignon 6% Malbec 4% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot. Aged. The wine received 19 months of barrel aging in 100% French oak from more than 20 Coopers. In the glass, you’ll get blue fruits, bay leaf, candied violets, orange blossom, and floral notes emerge from this full-bodied beauty, which reveals a rounded, sexy texture, polished tannins, and a great finish.
- Unless your delivery address is on the West Coast, we strongly discourage you from selecting “Ground Service” as your shipping method. During the winter and summer months, weather conditions (temperature) and longer delivery times can often result in the spoilage of your order. It doesn’t make sense to invest in fine wines and then take the chance of ruining them due environmental factors during transit (faster and safer delivery generally isn’t much more expensive). We don’t make an additional profit on accelerated delivery, but we frequently recommend faster shipping options to our customers outside the West Coast.
- You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and the common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. This means that an adult will have to be present at the time of delivery. Please consider shipping to an office address.
- During periods of extreme weather, we attempt to ship wines at the beginning of each week in order to get shipments to you before the weekend. This is because we have no control over the temperature conditions at our freight carriers’ warehouses. The result may be that your shipment doesn’t go out the day that you place an order.
- We ship by Fedex or Fedex Ground. Our prices include packaging materials. Insurance may be available for an additional charge.
- Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. will arrange for shipment on behalf of the buyer, to an address specified by the buyer, provided that Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. in its sole judgment believes that such shipment will not subject Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.
- Various states impose limitations on the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits. Vintage Wine Merchants, Inc. does not, as a condition of sale, assume any obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining any permits or licenses. Therefore, we recommend that you investigate the possibility of such limitations, and determine the manner in which alcoholic beverages shall be brought into your state from California, so as to comply with all of your state’s requirements.
- Wine shipping rules in the United States are controlled by the state you live in. We do not ship wine to the following states at this time:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
List Updated 2/1/2023
Please inquire about international shipping.
Vintage Wine Merchants
377 Santana Row, Suite 1135
San Jose, CA 95128